Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nam Viet...a Cleveland Park Weekend

I ended up spending a considerable amount of time in Cleveland Park this last week. On Saturday night, Amy and I ended up looking for a quick bite after my cousin's wedding reception. Co-workers had told me that Nam Viet had amazing Pho and having never really experienced Pho, I was excited when the chance to eat there fell into my lap.

Amy and I ordered in record time and the food came out equally quickly. I had the standard Pho (#17 on the menu) soup with tender beef strips served with rice noodles and garnished with green and white onions, cilantro, and parsley. Amy had the spicy version of the same (#18) and we very excited to eat. I think our excitement may have actually gotten the better of us, because I just don't think there was anyway for the meal to live up to the expectations. My experience with Pho is limited as I noted before, but I honestly found the dish to be a bit bland. Amy is the queen of spicy foods so it was not really a surprise that the #18 did not quite hit the mark for her either.

I am not completely ready to pass judgement on Nam Viet yet, however. I feel like the mistake was mine for not being a little more adventuro
us and trying something beyond the standard fare. The menu was huge and the prices reasonable so I see no reason not to go again. I think next time Amy and I will recruit someone who is more familiar with the restaurant and Vietnamese cuisine in general to make sure that we are getting the full experience. Plus I will need another excuse to post adorable Amy pictures like the one on the left and below.



Nam Viet
3419 Connecticut Avenue, NW
202-237-1015

www.namviet1.com

No comments:

Post a Comment