Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bagels and Blossoms

In light of the large meal I ate at 1905 last night and the amount of money I dropped on drinks after wards, Aaron and I decided to forgo brunch this Sunday and ride our bikes down to the Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms. Are plan to get up at 8:30 and starting riding by 9:00 ended up being pushed back about two hours, but I was still pretty proud of us at 10:30 when we stopped to pick up supplies at So's Your Mom.

Before moving to our new neighborhood I had never heard of So's Your Mom, but in the last year I have come to love and rely on So's Your Mom for excellent and cheap breakfast sandwiches, bagels and deli sandwiches. Aaron is obsessed with their coffee and my mom was pretty excited about it too when she came to visit. Not being a coffee drinker myself, it is more difficult for me to appreciate. I have taken a poll of several coworkers and friends (several of whom are from or have lived in New York) and have been repeatedly reassured that the So's Your Mom has some of the best bagels in DC.

Cheap and quick for carry out food, So's Your Mom also stocks a wide variety of specialty cooking supplies, condiments and treats. I have yet to find out how they got their moniker, but I have a few of my own working theories.

All and all it was a beautiful morning sitting amongst the cherry blossoms, easting bagels and soaking up the sun that everyone in DC has been desperately wishing for.


So's Your Mom
1831 Columbia Road, NW
202-462-3666


1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for wearing a helmet! Sam and I always wear ours, even though we look like dorks and then have bad hair. But then again, I know I would look worse as a brain dead girl in a wheelchair due to traumatic brain injury. (But I still feel jealous when I see girls in cute skirts riding along the street, their hair blowing in the breeze. It is hard to look that cool in a helmet.)

    ReplyDelete