Sunday, April 12, 2009

Reservations Required

As much as I enjoy eating out, my favorite set up is sitting around a dinner table with good food, plenty of wine, and no pressure to leave the table or lower your voice. Our current apartment is not very conducive to dinner parties. Primarily due to the lack of a kitchen table (our kitchen and "living room" are tiny). Thus, I am always very excited when friends offer to host parties and even more excited when they plan on doing all the cooking. This perfect scenario became a reality last week when Avery invited several of us over to dinner for wine and pizza. Avery never does anything halfway, so I should have been prepared fro the spread she laid out. When I invite people over for pizza and wine (as I did on Friday night) that generally means paper plates and pizza I ordered from somewhere else. At Avery's we had a dining room table complete with candlelight and daffodil centerpieces and homemade pizza that would put most restaurants in DC to shame.

The pizza came with mozzarella, mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, fresh basil, red onions and bells peppers. There was probably more on there, but since I had no hand in making the pizza my memory is vague. Avery also made a spectacular salad the details of which also escape me. I do remember that we were all very excited about the pea shoots!

I enjoy writing about good food and good company, so I felt Avery's dinner deserved a post (Shanon was also determined to get her picture posted). If you ever have the chance, Avery's dinners are not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment